Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 25 Meeting Update: Summer

We had a small, laid-back meeting, with just three members. As a result, our speeches were on the informal side. Some of us gave presentations about our summer reading and read out loud from a collection of short stories and a novel. One group member talked about his travels through California.

Next week is an exciting time for me: I'll be attending the NSA conference for the first time. I look forward very much to being among so many other people who stutter, and to learn about other support groups and what's new in speech therapy. Knowing other people who stutter and seeing how well they do in their lives in spite of--sometimes because of--their stutter has been a great source of inspiration for me.

See you at the next meeting, and enjoy your summer!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mihaela,

    I'm taking Christie to the NSA conference as well. I'll look for you there.

    Great summary of meeting. I love it.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete